J Street is already a virtual company. We are not affected by the stay-at-home orders in our state, and we’ve been working remotely for over a year. Let us know if you need help with work-from-home technology like web conferencing, online document sharing, and web applications.
President Armen Stein has earned the Microsoft MVP Award every year since 2006. The award is for technical expertise (for Access in Armen’s case) and community involvement. There are fewer than 40 Access MVPs in the world!
Why You Need Sleep Right Now
During this time of stress from the coronavirus pandemic, it can be difficult to get the sleep we need. But here’s the deal: getting enough sleep, at least 7 hours each night, powers up our immune systems to help us fight viral infections. The boost is amazing – in one study, subjects that had at least 7 hours of sleep were almost three times less likely to catch a cold than those with less than 5 hours of sleep. That’s crazy – any drug or supplement with that benefit would make its creator a fortune, but you have it for free.
But it isn’t that easy, is it? During these worrying times, good sleep can be elusive. Here are some tips that I’ve found to be helpful.
- Learn about sleep. Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker is a great read.
- Keep the same schedule for going to bed and waking up every day.
- Keep your bedroom cool, dark, and quiet. I usually wear earplugs and a sleep mask.
- Don’t watch TV or look at your devices late in the evening. The blue light can mess with your sleep cycle. Use the scheduled “night light” feature on your phone.
- Watch the caffeine – it is a very powerful drug. Don’t use any caffeine after lunchtime. I’ve switched to only decaf coffee, and only in the morning.
- Avoid alcohol in the few hours before bedtime. It may help you go to sleep but can wake you up in the middle of the night.
- Try some sleepy meditations and podcasts. Lumosity has some good relaxing meditations, and there are free podcasts like Sleep With Me and Sleepy.
Let me know if there’s anything we can do to help you or your business in these troubling times.
Interested in learning more? Contact us today for a free consultation!